- I.M.SECHENOV MOSCOW MEDICAL ACADEMY (MMA)
I.M.SECHENOV MOSCOW MEDICAL ACADEMY (MMA)
- Students Enrolled - 0
- Fees - 0
Moscow, the capital of Russia and it is the biggest political, industrial, scientific and cultural center. It is located in the centre of the European part of the country on the centre of the Moscow River. Nazi Armies were halted and defeated just outside Moscow during the Second World War. In recognition of its war and labour features Moscow was awarded the title of Hero City. Nowadays Moscow is a big industrial centre. Its major industries are machine building, engineering, instrument making, metal working, electrical engineering and electronics. Moscow is also called centre of science and education. It is the seat of the Academy of sciences, several academies of specific sciences and hundreds of research establishments. It has some 80 higher education institutions attended by almost 7, 00,000 students.
I.M.SECHENOV MOSCOW MEDICAL ACADEMY (MMA)
The I.M. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy (MMA) is the oldest and the largest national medical higher educational institution. The MMA forefather was the medical faculty of Imperial Moscow University opened by efforts of the Great Russian scientist M. V. Lomonosov. The first six students began their studies at the faculty in 1758. In 1930, the medical faculty was separated from Moscow State University to become the 1st Moscow Medical Institution. In 1990, in order to create perfect elite education and deeper integrated research, the country's most powerful medical institution was reorganized as the Medical Academy. Nowadays, the Academy plays the leading role in the development of medical sciences and training, certification, and advanced training of medical, pharmaceutical and scientific personnel. The members of the staff of the Academy are engaged as experts and consultants of the World Health Organization. According to UNESCO international rating the Moscow Medical Academy takes the second place after Rane Descartes Academy of Medical Sciences.
MMA is arguably the best medical school in Russia. The MMA Diploma is recognized by WHO, MCI and the Medical Councils of many countries. The degrees of the Academy open the doors to European countries, the USA and Canada. The Academy comprises: 11 faculties, 115 academic departments, scientific research and clinical centre, an editorial and publishing section, 18 clinical, a library, and other subdivisions. Moscow Medical Academy has 69 buildings for studies, classrooms and lecture halls, the clinical centre with 18 diverse clinics for 3080 patients, a large united scientific centre, several research institutes, the fundamental library, the laboratories, the botanical garden, and the stadium. The total area of the Academy training and laboratory premises exceeds 200,000 sq m or 25 sq m per student. There are four student hostels for 1,770 people. The Academy has been collaborating with 40 therapeutic prophylactic and apothecary institutions, the research centers and institutes in Moscow. About 8000 students from Russia and foreign countries have studied annually in the Academy. There are trained in Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Dentistry. The I.M. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy has gained a considerable experience in the international students training. There are over 2000 specialists from 87 countries have been trained here. In 2001 about 900 foreign citizens were students of the Academy. The excellent Preparatory course, the hostel with comfortable living conditions, a division with instructions conducted in English have brought the MMA training standards close to those of the best higher medical educational institutions of the member countries of European Community.
WHY CHOOSE MEDICAL EDUCATION IN RUSSIA
- Russian Medical degrees are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization), MCI (Medical Council of India), UNESCO (Switzerland), ECFMG (USA), UK etc.
- Russian Medical Universities are the Institutions in the world offering direct Medicine courses (MBBS, MD) like USA, France, Japan, etc. through six years duration of the medical courses.
- Medical Education system in Russia has its own remarkable distinction on the world stage. The standard of Medical Education in Russia is considered to give one of the most advanced, superior & sophisticated in the world. The student: teacher ratio is approximately 8:1.
- Medical Universities of Russian Federation are functioning under the Russian Government of Ministry and Public Health. All the hospitals are Govt. Hospitals and connected with the medical university. Hence, the universities are well infra structured.
- Russian Medical University offers congenial environment to study and get acquainted with European lifestyle & facilities. Climatic conditions are congenial for growth of our body & mind.
- The education fees are affordable due to the high subsidy of the Russian Government. Tuition fees are cheaper by 50% as that of in India. Educational loans available from Nationalized Banks.